Located around half a mile from the tip of lower manhattan, govenors island – originally the ‘island of nuts’ – used to be a military base. Neal Adams, illustrator of the Batman comics, was born on the island. The island is set to be redeveloped and will soon become a public park – personally, I think it would make a great farm, generating food for New Yorkers and educating city kids on farming and conservation. What does everyone else think??
- andreabeardedcorreggia likes this
- social-standard-suck reblogged this from newyork and added:
I was station there…
- a-wayward-and-a-caster likes this
- sociopathsandcubansandwhichs reblogged this from newyork
- riddles-and-roses reblogged this from fiercefiesta
- Show more notes